CJ Brown is a native of South Carolina and was raised in historic Edgefield County in a family where hunting and conservation of wildlife was not just a tradition, but a way of life. His roots run deep in the outdoor industry and his father, Carl, was integral in the restoration of wild turkeys throughout North America. CJ has been a staple in the outdoor industry for more than ten years. His passion for wildlife conservation has made him an invaluable consultant for groups that include the Wyoming Community Foundation, Wyoming Wildlife – The Foundation, the Wyoming Women's Foundation, and the Union Sportsman's Alliance.
CJ is an accomplished hunter and international traveler and has lead major concierge services for Remington Arms Company, Outdoor Channel, and Outdoor Adventures Worldwide. His personal accomplishments include being a two time Jr. Grand National Turkey Calling Champion, and five time Jr. South Carolina State Turkey Calling Champion, and a National Shooting Sports Foundation Heritage Fund Scholarship Winner. He has been featured on outdoor television and the Outdoor Channel many times including appearances for Turkey Call Television, Outdoor Channel Outfitters, Ultimate Outdoors, Intrepid Outdoors, Remington Country Television, and others. He has tremendous knowledge and experience working with landowners and business leaders at the highest level, and his passion for land and wildlife is unsurpassed.
CJ was recruited to Kohler & Associates by two of the founding Land Leader partners Jon Kohler and Dax Hayden because of his extensive background in the outdoor industry and passion for land and wildlife conservation. "I am extremely excited to lead the expansion of the prestigious Jon Kohler & Associates brand into South Carolina and offer a new level of real estate advisory services to landowners in our state," said CJ. "This is a lifelong dream of mine. I am dedicated to creating lasting relationships and providing quality service."
CJ earned his undergraduate degree and MBA from Gardner-Webb University while playing on the offensive line on two Big South Championship Football teams. He met his wife Megan while at the university and they have one son, Carl James Brown, III. Family is of top importance in the Brown household, as well as passing on the traditions of the outdoor lifestyle and conservation. CJ and his father Carl are longtime members of the prestigious Cowden Plantation in Aiken, South Carolina. CJ is a licensed agent in South Carolina and Georgia.
Recent sales include: Pleasant Hill Plantation, Swan Hill Plantation, Red Hill and more.
- Listing StatusAvailable2510.7 +/- Acre Historic ACE Basin Rice Plantation With Over One Mile Of Combahee River Frontage with Private Dock, World-Class Wild Waterfowl Hunting, Manicured Quail Woods, And Restored Federal Style Manor. Circa 1733. Twickenham Plantation is located in the ACE Basin of South Carolina in — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableSlater Plantation features 3795.8 +/- contiguous acres along the Coosawhatchie River. The Plantation is jam packed with expansive upland pine forests and mature bottomland hardwood timber. Approximately 1000 acres at the entrance of the property are upland quail woods that lead to a well-positioned two-story — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThis is One of the Top Investment Properties on the Market With an A++ Location in Beaufort County on the Coast of South Carolina! Bindon Plantation is located along the coast of South Carolina in Historic Beaufort County on over 1300 acres of undeveloped property — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableGlover Plantation features 2137.47 +/- acres located just south of Ridgeland, South Carolina in Jasper County. The Plantation is packed with recreational opportunities and features beautiful upland quail forests, over 270 acres of duck impoundments, a beautiful plantation house with sweeping sunrise views of duck — Read more
- Listing StatusSold1010.7 +/- Acre Historic ACE Basin Rice Plantation in Yemassee, South Carolina. Legendary Oak Allée Planted In The 1820s, World-Class Wild Waterfowl Hunting and Quail Woods, Manicured Grounds, And Elegant Lowcountry Estate. Circa 1698. Tomotley Plantation is among the finest Plantations in the ACE Basin — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThomas Hall Plantation is a rare opportunity to purchase pristine acreage and a finished custom home and campus in very close proximity to downtown Charleston. Thomas Hall is just 13 +/- miles to historic downtown Charleston. Johns Island, James Island and Kiawah are all minutes — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableHyde Park Plantation is the very definition of rare and unique properties and features 603.71+/- acres along the East Branch of the Cooper River. This is only the third time this Plantation has been available for sale since the 1700s, and could likely be the — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThe Farms at Brickhouse Plantation features 147.38 +/- manicured acres of high-quality land on Johns Island along River Road. The property has an A++ location and is less than 8 miles from Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island, and only 13 +/- miles from downtown historic — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Fish Farm was the private honey hole of the late Jim Copeland co-owner of B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society), and has been carefully cultivated as a trophy bass fishery for the last 13 years. The Copeland family has meticulously implemented an aggressive fish management — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableTurkey Creek Preserve is located just south of Early Branch along Highway 68 in Hampton County, South Carolina. It features 301.95 +/- acres of high-quality ground with a restored 2 bedroom cabin, fishing pond, upland quail woods and much. Turkey Creek Preserve's entrance lies on — Read more