Barnes Creek Ranch , California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Home, Cabin, Recreational, Timber Land
Activities & Amenities
The 1,193.61-acre Barnes Creek Ranch offers the best of both worlds. This working ranch is centrally located to major towns in three states, where it is close enough to modern amenities, yet located in a slower-paced, more relaxed environment.
At the ranch headquarters lies the updated 2,132 SF custom residence with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms next to the meandering Barnes Creek. Off the front deck, enjoy beautiful views all the way to Goose Lake and Mount Shasta. Close to the headquarters sits the large 120'X 60' hay barn and working shop with personal office and shower.
Water on the ranch is plentiful with riparian rights to Barnes Creek, water rights from mountain snowfall that fills the reservoir, and 3 wells. There are 240-acres irrigated and 360-acres of timberland. The ranch can run 150-200 pair year-round. With the ample hay production, over 1,000 tons, it is enough to feel all winter and sell additional hay.
There are plenty of recreational opportunities on the ranch as well as in the surrounding area such as hunting, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and more. The ranch is zoned X3B, which is excellent for deer hunting. All parts of this ranch are usable and play a role in its appeal. Whether for recreation or agriculture, the vast ecological diversity of the Barnes Creek Ranch makes it unique. This place is turnkey and ready for a new family to continue the legacy.
- 2132 square foot, 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, updated, comfortable home next to Barnes Creek
- Shop with office and shower
- 120’ X 60’ hay barn* 500-ton storage capacity in the center* 120-ton storage capacity in the wings
- 240 acres in native grass, orchard grass, and alfalfa watered by wheel lines
- 147 acres of dryland farm
- 50 acres of sub-irrigated land
- 360 acres of mountain land with cedar, fir, ponderosa pine timber
- 160 acres of planted rangeland in a five grass mix
- 140 acres of feeding ground
- 60 acres of miscellaneous use land
- Can run 150 – 200 pair annually
- 3 wells* Irrigation well: 900 – 1200 GPM well (as provided by the owner)* Domestic well: 40 GPM (as provided by the owner)* Stock well: 40 GPM (as provided by the owner)
- Riparian rights to Barnes Creek
- Per owner, the water right from mountain snowfall fills reservoir used for irrigation
- Hunt, fish, hike, or horseback ride
- Zoned X3B, which is great for deer hunting
- Adjacent to Goose Lake
- Centrally located to major towns in three states