Eagle's Nest, California
Property Types: Waterfront, Home, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
- Attached Garage
Eagle's Nest is the most unique estate in the Sierra Foothills. Overlooking the Bear River, with river views from almost every room, this gorgeous 10,000+- square foot home has left nothing out. The estate is off a private road and rests on 150+- acres with the entire north boundary being the Bear River. The privacy and seclusion seems impossible only 10 minutes from any amenity. This remarkable property is suited for any recreation and entertaining. The 4800sqft “barn” is designed with a full commercial quality kitchen, sound and lighting systems better than most nightclubs, and beautiful patio overlooking the pool, waterfall and pond. There is a sport court, pitch and putt golf course, first class dog kennels and horse paddocks. To the west is hundreds of acres owned by Placer land trust, ensuring privacy, but available for recreation. This truly one of a kind property offers every facet of luxury.
- The main residence offers awe inspiring views from the window-wall overlooking the river. Many gatherings will be remembered in the formal dining room illuminated by a custom blown glass chandelier with meals prepared in the glorious chef’s kitchen. Accommodations include a main level master suite, 4 additional bedrooms downstairs, an adjacent apartment and 2 guest rooms in the “barn”. The home includes a full wine cellar and tasting room, a movie theater, gymnasium, third floor office suite, family room and bonus rooms.
- The pool at Eagle's Nest is an entertainment center of its own. The large outdoor fireplace is a great place to gather while enjoying fresh pizza from the wood fired pizza oven. For other favorite meals the complete outdoor kitchen and bar can be used year round while relaxing listening to the river below.
- At the center of the estate is a fabulous structure referred to as “The Barn”. It is a truly amazing entertainment center with a gorgeous bar and lounge (or should we say family room), a commercial kitchen, a sound stage and dance floor that all open up to a large deck overlooking a waterfall cascading into the pond. On the upper floor of the barn there are an additional two full bedroom/bathroom suites, and a very large hobby or work room.
- Recreational opportunities will only be limited by time. Decisions whether to golf on the putting green, play tennis or basketball on the sport court, hike to the river, or saddle up and ride the miles of available trails might best be made while having an early morning cup of coffee listening to the river roll through the canyon.
- Between the main home and barn is a well-appointed potting shed and greenhouse, and above the solar field there is a deer fenced, raised bed garden and orchard which will delight both the serious botanist or the hobby gardener.
- There are two exceptional commercial quality dog kennels with multiple fenced outdoor runs that have been used as a nationally known foster rescue facility. The kennels are designed to accommodate all sizes and conditions of any breed. The structures could also be modified to provide additional living space on the estate.
- The large solar array on-site has provided the owners a virtual net-zero annual utility cost, making this estate as energy and climate friendly as modern technology permits. The estate also has grid power and a back-up generator. There is Nevada Irrigation District water on site for non domestic use water needs.
- The proximity of Eagle's Nest allows for easy accessibility to airports, mountain recreation and city lifestyle. Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to west are both within two hours of the estate. There are amenities in either direction within 4 miles of the property.