Siskiyou Organic Alfalfa Ranch, California
Property Types: Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches
Activities & Amenities
1242+/- acre organic alfalfa hay ranch near Dorris, in Butte Valley, far northern CA. Approximately 1000 acres of the ranch are in rotational plantings of alfalfa/clover and wheat/rye. The ranch is irrigated from two main wells with 7 Reinke pivots. The computer controlled irrigation system is engineered for efficiency and maximum water flow and allows for remote communication via laptop or smart phone. There are several additional capped wells, if further water capacity is needed. There are five 55x125 700 ton capacity pole barns, each with stack yards. Detailed property and crop information is available upon request. Owner may be willing to manage, leaseback or sharecrop. This is a productive certified organic hay ranch in great condition!
- 1242+/- acres, with approximately 1,000 in production
- Certified organic hay ranch.
- 5 barns with stack yards
- Irrigating with two wells, each with 300 HP turbines and VFD's. Wells are approx. 1,000 feet deep.
- 7 Reinke pivots, all automated. Pivots and pipelines all engineered for efficiency and maximizing water flow. Entire season can be managed remotely via laptop or smartphone.
- Several additional capped wells if further production is needed.
- Interior road system constructed with heavy base, road fabric & 3/4 tops.
- Located along Hwy 97, just south of the Oregon border.
- Near Dorris, Siskiyou County, northern California.