Clayton Tuscan Estate, California
Property Types: Ranches, Home
Activities & Amenities
Magnificent Tuscan Estate Nestled in the Mt. Diablo Foothills. This recently constructed 5.58acre RANCH ESTATE was built in 2009 and was constructed by Larry Jackson Construction with the finest in design and quality, incorporating state of the art technology throughout the estate. The spectacular, single level main home features 5544 square feet of living space, three bedroom suites, a library/office, and a bonus room. Additionally, there is a separate “casita” guest house with a full kitchen, private bedroom, full bath and walk-in closet, a large garage with one auto bay plus a second bay converted to expanded living, hobby and bedroom space. The privately gated estate includes a beautiful old spacious equestrian barn with three stalls and a homesite nestled in heritage oaks offering private hiking trails and expansive grounds. Truly a breathtaking rural setting with close access to miles of riding and hiking trails, just minutes to city life in Clayton.
- Custom designed, hand forged wrought iron entry doors by Cantera Doors with 16 gauge steel construction and Quattro Weather Control insulation and finishing.
- Fine art quality, hand painted murals in breakfast nook, and exterior seating area.
- Carved stone on family room fireplace mantel and kitchen exhaust hood.
- Extensive use of knotty alder wood in cabinetry and custom built-ins, solid core, raised panel doors, and custom, hand distressed beams in kitchen, dining and family rooms.
- Extensive use of distressed hardwood flooring.
- Fabulous travertine stone flooring with diamond inset detail, gorgeous slab stone counters, mosaic and subway style stone tile in all bathrooms
- State of the art appliances including Miele, SubZero and Wine Captain.
- Tuscan style roof in authentic design from a home in Italy, then constructed of modern concrete tiles with copper gutters and flashings.
- Temperature controlled, wine cellar handcrafted by Wine Racks of America.
- Designer lighting throughout.
- Extensive use of integrated technology, to control all your devices throughout the home, i.e. - extensive audio and television system with media control, access closet.
- Stunning artisan craftsmanship including Venetian plaster on interior walls, lighted domed ceilings, extensive crown molding, intricate barrel, inset and exposed beam ceilings.
- Beautiful repeated arches utilized inside.
- Expansive living spaces are conveniently and out, including top of the line, Marvin separated for multiple activities.
- Three spacious bedroom suites.
- Library/office or game/play room.
- Three full bathrooms.
- Magnificent gallery hallway perfect for treasured artwork display.
ENTRY AND FOYER
- Magnificent iron and glass entry doors.
- A custom mosaic tile and stonework inlay is beautifully incorporated into the hardwood flooring to complement and define the front door area in the foyer.
- Extensive hardwood flooring, beginning at the front door, provides a unifying foundation for the living spaces.
FORMAL DINING ROOM
- Magnificent and expansive formal dining room features a wall of art niches on one side and a wall of storage, display and serving built-ins on the opposite wall.
- French doors to a back patio, extending the formal entertaining area.
CASUAL LIVING AREAS
- The spectacular kitchen and great room are open to one another, providing a relaxed yet sophisticated, California lifestyle.
- The exquisite designer kitchen offers custom knotty alder wood cabinetry, state of the art appliances including Miele ovens and coffee station, wine captain cooler, ice maker, SubZero French door and drawer-type refrigerators.
- The magnificent, step down great room enjoys views of the foothills and magnificent oaks on the property and the adjacent Mt. Diablo state park land through several sets of sliding doors. The central fireplace with custom stone carvings and raised hearth seating creates a stunning focal point for this expansive room, and provides architectural interest and texture to the room.
HALLWAY AND GALLERY
- The hallway area with multiple arches and niches creates a marvelous venue to exhibit prized artwork and furnishings.
- The library/office or game/playroom, with beautiful hardwood floors, plus built-in desk, storage and display cabinetry, boasts French doors opening to one of the patios. Perfect for flexible use from billiards to children’s play to study to library!
MASTER BEDROOM SUITE
- The breathtaking master suite includes a spacious bedroom opening to a private patio and heritage oak tree-filled views through arched French doors, built in music speakers, and a connecting study, office or retreat that also opens to the next bedroom.
- Two separate closets with built-ins, beautifully customized by California Closets.
- The shower, two separated sink stations. Two person tub with fabulous private views, thermostatically controlled, plus heated tile floors, shower floor and bench.
MASTER SUITE BATHROOM
- Spectacular granite slab.
- The exquisite and expansive master counters, a copper farm style sink and a bathroom features barrel ceilings, plus Steam steamer unit and heated bench in thermostatically controlled, heated stone.
- Three full and one powder bathroom feature heated tile floors in all bathrooms, and beautiful use of travertine, slab stone counters, high end fixtures and lighting throughout.
- The separate “casita” guest house mirrors the Tuscan design of the main home, and offers open beam cathedral ceilings, beautiful hardwood floors, a full kitchen with custom cabinetry, upscale, built-in stainless steel appliances, slab stone counters and a filtered water dispenser, breakfast bar seating, a floor to ceiling fireplace with field stone facing, raised hearth seating and gas service, beautiful hardwood flooring, a private bedroom with French doors to a private patio, a full bath and walk-in closet, plus laundry area.
Rustic equestrian barn with three stalls.
Garages are located at the main home (two bays) and guest house (two bays with one converted to expanded living and work space for the guest house.
- High efficiency HVAC system utilizing metal flex ductwork below subflooring.
- Extensive use of integrated and programmable technology to control all of your devices throughout the home BRAND?, audio and television system with media closet.
- 400 amp electric panel service.
- Propane gas service and storage tanks.
- 10,000 gallon domestic water storage tanks.
- 10,000 gallon fire suppression sprinkler tanks.
- Home and guest house (BARN?) fire suppression sprinklers.
- Private, static pressure septic system.
- Heated tile floors with separate thermostats in kitchen, all full bathrooms, plus master suite shower and seat.
- Extensive customized storage, including built-in cabinetry throughout the home, plus two customized Master suite closets and walk-in closets in all additional bedrooms.
- Marvin wood clad casement and fixed windows, plus French and sliding doors with extensive use of arched design.
- Ceiling fans and Roman blackout shades help maintain the home’s comfortable temperature in an energy efficient manner.
- Privately gated with dual gates.
- 5.58 acre grounds are extensively fenced.
- Covered and open patios on two different levels include exterior fireplaces with field stone facing.
- An exterior spa, built-in barbecue with utility sink and serving area, a fire pit and spectacular fountain with seating areas, provide a myriad of entertainment and relaxation opportunities.
- Gorgeous paver driveways, stacked field stone retaining walls and walkways create the authentic Tuscan style of the estate.
- Property located adjacent to dedicated park land of Mt. Diablo State Park ensuring preserved views.
- Elegant, Tuscan style, drought-friendly landscape including dozens of magnificent heritage oaks.
- Private trails on the property connect to park trails for miles of enjoyment.Advantageous agricultural zoning: 79-081.