Island Ranch, California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Waterfront, Home, Cabin, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
- Attached Garage
WATER, WATER and more WATER, with documented water rights! Imagine three rivers flowing around your 1155 acre ranch. The Island Ranch has an unprecedented seven miles of river frontage, offering a lifestyle and privacy like no other. Three spring-fed rivers, Little Tule, Tule and the Upper Fall River, famous for its fly fishing experience. Two custom homes, irrigated pasture for 600 cows, historic barn, unparalleled waterfowl hunting and unsurpassed views. The unique opportunity to fish one of the largest freshwater spring systems in the nation is at your fingertips. The Upper Fall River is loaded with rainbow trout. Fish and Wildlife conducted a fish count in the recent past, recording numbers of 2800 fish per mile.
- At certain times of the year, the hexagenia mayfly hatch (hex hatch) at dusk is a spectacular sight as well as a fly fishing challenge, you will also enjoy the morning hatch of spinnerfall.
- The river system not only connects three rivers, but also two lakes. You can get in your boat, and travel 22 miles through the entire system, you'll want to plan an entire day to enjoy this unique experience.
- Water fowl hunting at its finest, laying in a main corridor for migratory ducks and geese. There are several ponds and blinds strategically located around the ranch, opportunities are excellent along the river and in the natural habitat the ranch provides.
- The main home offers 1800 sf of living space with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Slate entry and enclosed front porch. Living room has original wood floors from 1934 beautifully refurbished, river rock hearth surrounding gas fireplace. Country kitchen features upscale stainless appliances, unique tile counters and tile floor. The home has a wonderful array of windows bringing the outside in, for natural light and fabulous views of river and mountains. Full basement with laundry and storage. Open back patio overlooking river and boat dock.
- The second home is known as the boat house, well named for the very rare two bay boat garage under the home. Just guide your boat in from a great day of fishing on the river, walk up the stairs into a beautiful, spacious 1800 sf home with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Living area features 12' ceilings, gas fire place, stone hearth, dining area, tile floors throughout main living space into kitchen. Stainless appliances, doors opening to both enclosed and open decks. Large windows overlooking river, capturing views of majestic Mt. Shasta and valley.
- The ranch is under lease for the hay and cattle operation. Providing carrying capacity of up 600 cows from April into November. Panel corrals with loading chute and several pens, the ranch has cross fencing to easily move the cattle for grazing purposes. There are 2 pumps in the river, distributing ample water in the underground mainline and ditch system to flood the hay fields and irrigated pasture. Currently, there is 65 acres in hay production, with potential to increase this number. The ranch has established 1886 water rights to pump out of the river. Needless to say, water is not an issue.
- The historic 18,000 sf barn is a masterpiece. Now used for hay and equipment storage. In it's day, it was used for manufacturing doors and windows as well as other wood products. Logs were floated down the river from the headwaters of Fall River.
- Located between the homes and near the boat launch is a fish cleaning station and storage building. Although the Upper Fall River is catch and release, the Tule and Little Tule are not.
- The Island Ranch is one of a kind, you can look at photos, videos and maps, but until you step foot on this dynamic property, you will not understand that this ranch creates a lifestyle and privacy like no other.