Reservation Ranch , California
Property Types: Farms, Ranches, Waterfront, Home, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
The Reservation Ranch is on the market for the first time in over 150 years. This 1,668-acre working dairy ranch provides a multitude of opportunities the ranch can go in. The new owners can continue to run it as a dairy ranch, run as a cattle ranch, grow pasture, plant and grow Easter Lilies, create an organic producing ranch, or even a hunting and/or fishing club, all providing excellent income opportunities. The historical ranch features three miles of river frontage of the incredible Smith River, which is known as “California’s last wild river” with trophy salmon and steelhead weighing over 20 lbs. Not only do you enjoy California’s best salmon and steelhead fishing, but the exquisite surrounding scenery of giant redwoods and diverse wildlife. There are excellent water rights and 3 wells. Abundant water, a comfortable climate, and healthy annual rainfall produce year-round vibrant green pastures.
The ranch is home to an abundance of wildlife, including Roosevelt elk, deer, ducks, and geese. Several sloughs create a vibrant estuary ecosystem. This is a true sportsmen’s paradise! Reservation Ranch is truly a multi-dimensional property. Offering an established dairy operation, room to expand into a variety of interests, and in a location that’s beyond compare.
The current owners have enjoyed the ranch for more than 6 generations, creating local jobs, protecting wildlife, and making memories for to last lifetimes for those lucky enough to experience it. It is time for a new steward; choose your legacy that will last for the next generations to come.
- Owned by the same family since the 1850s
- Three miles of incredible Smith River frontage
- Smith River: known as California's "last wild river" with outstanding fishing
- Excellent water rights and climate for year-round green pastures
- Main riparian water pump from Smith River plus three wells
- Good preventative dyke system built in the 1960s
- Roughly 1/3 irrigated by wheel lines and the other 2/3 via hand lines
- Excellent soil: Class 5, 4, & 1
- 580 Dairy (Holstein / Jersey cross) cows- contract with Rumiano Cheese Co.
- Plus 100 dry cows all supported by 1,300-acres of irrigated pasture
- 80-100 acres leased annually for the production of Easter Lily bulbs
- Roosevelt elk, deer, ducks, geese
- Great duck and goose hunting
- Incredible Fishing on Smith River
- Large trophy Salmon and Steelhead over 20 lbs
- Famous fishing hole on the mouth of the Smith River
- Several sloughs with a vibrant estuary ecosystem
- Plenty of trails in the area for coastal views, spotting wildlife, and various plant species
- Massive metal shop / covered grain bins (features an office & mechanic pit)
- Four large feeding barns, a large calving barn, and a milking barn with 16 stalls
- Bottling Plant/ Dock
- Three homes
- Bunkhouse for hired hands
- Trailer park next to Smith River currently used to house employees
- Three above ground fuel tanks (gas & diesel)