The Whitney Ranch, California
Property Types: Ranches, Home, Cabin, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
- Attached Garage
At times like this, you’ll want to seek out your favorite chair, sit back, relax, and enjoy the description of this unique property. It begins with the land and a dream, 120 acres of raw land, situated in the beautiful Fall River Valley. The dream, design a custom log home, with room to stretch out and enjoy your family and friends, add an entertainment deck overlooking a large pond, with views of open fields and distant mountains. You’ll want a large garage with cozy guest quarters above. Then create an upscale horse barn, with amenities you’ve always wanted, plus a shop set up for all your needs. Throw in a competition size riding/roping arena and covered corrals for working cattle including hay storage. Let’s not forget the cattle camp Barbeque area with chuckwagon and fire pit nestled under the pines. Then bring in the laser leveling equipment for the hay fields and irrigated pastures. Plus the huge benefit of direct access to thousands of acres of BLM lands. Wrap it all together and you have the amazing Whitney Ranch. The custom log home has 3485 sf of living space, with 3 bedrooms and 4 baths. Stunning log and beam entry with elk horn light fixture and covered front porch. Main floor is open to living, dining and kitchen. Upscale Dacor stainless appliances, including subzero refrigerator, built in ice maker and microwave, 4 burner gas range with side grill and double ovens. Granite counters, alder cabinets plus wet bar area with wine refrigerator. Stone flooring and wonderful open hand hued beam accents. Raised stone fireplace and mantel is a focal point along with the south facing wall of windows overlooking pond. Sitting area to the side of stairs, flowing into master suite, opening to deck with swim spa and hot tub. Spacious master bath features soaking tub, tile shower, dual sinks and large walk-in closet. Second story opens to lower living area, with family room including wet bar, game room, office, 2 bedrooms, one with upper loft and one full bath. The first floor opens to a large open deck, with corner stone fire place, all overlooking pond, lush landscaping and views. The details in this home are endless, it’s to be seen to appreciate and absorb.
The Fall River Valley, located between Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen, offers endless recreational opportunities, fly fishing on the spring fed waterways of Fall River, waterfowl hunting, golfing, watersports on the many rivers and lakes within 20 miles, snow skiing, visiting state and national parks. Plus enjoying the many local activates including the Intermountain Fair. This community has an upper hand on recreation, views, spring fed rivers and lakes and unlimited exploration.
- Land: 120 acres, fully fenced and cross fenced with over 80 acres of flood irrigated fields. Ag well provides enough water to flood the fields on rotation.
- Home: Custom 3485 square foot, 2 story log home with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and 2 half baths. Majestic entry with massive beams and cross beams, unique elk horn chandelier and covered porch.
- Garage/Guest Quatre's: Constructed out of the same material as the home, is a three-car garage, with work out room and storage shelving. Upper guest quarters are a treat all on its own, with open studio concept, upper loft and full bath.
- Horse Barn: The 44 x 64 metal structure has concrete floors with 6 stalls, each with turn-out paddock. Wash rack area and tack room/feed storage. Roll back doors on each end. (more detail). Two pens separate from barn with covered shelters
- Shop: 2400 sf. metal shop with concrete floors and large rollup doors on each end. Office/storage room with laundry facility. Metal shelving and built-in work benches. Generator backup system automatically comes on if power goes out, providing electricity to home, garage, shop and barn. Plus an outdoor shower!
- Covered Corrals: 2760 sf. under cover, with working cattle facility including squeeze, scales and loading chute. Plenty of room for hay storage.
- Riding and Roping Arena: Full scale competition size arena with pipe fencing and movable panels. The entire arena has been filled with sandy type soil.
- Equipment Storage Building: 24 x 90 metal covered area for equipment and implements.
- Cattle Camp: This area was created under the pines, near the barn, with a real chuck wagon, fire pit and wood platform for tents.
- Landscaping: All landscaping on automatic irrigation system, including drip to deck planters. ½ acre planted in lavender and blooming tree lined drive. Water feature in pond on electric timer, sandy beach and horse shoe pit.
- The property is fully fenced and cross-fenced and has direct access to thousands of acres of BLM lands at your fingertips for horseback riding, exploring on ATV’s or hiking.