Jon Kohler’s professional career is dedicated to the specialty brokerage, advising, and marketing of plantation, ranches and recreational land. Named "The Plantation Broker" by Garden & Gun and the "Plantation King" by Deep South Magazine, his passion for conservation has led him to develop a unique market niche representing landowners who practice good land stewardship and marketing these properties world-wide.
Jon is a member of both the Florida and Montana Bar and has a Juris Doctorate from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan and a Bachelor’s Degree in both Real Estate and Small Business Management from Florida State University. He first obtained his salesman’s license 27 years ago after discovering his passion for unique, environmentally sensitive land and sporting properties. He founded Jon Kohler & Associates in 1991.
In 2008, when he couldn’t find a marketing firm that understood the nuances of marketing unique properties to high net worth individuals he co-founded Plantation Marketing Group. It is the only company of its kind to focus on this specialty niche. In 2014, Jon co- founded LandLeader ®
Jon and his partner, Erica, have personally closed over 200,000 acres and $410,000,000 in sales since 2010 alone. Today, Jon is regarded as one of the most experienced high quality land brokers and marketers in the Southeast.
Jon shares a passion for land stewardship along with most of his clients. He and his family own a conservation property south of Thomasville on the Aucilla River where they also raise grass fed Angus.
Jon serves on the national board of Pheasants/Quail Forever which is the nation's largest non-profit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation having more than 140,000 members and spent more than $702M on habitat since its conception. Jon and Erica are both life members of the NRA and Jon is also one of the original Tall Timbers' "100 Stewards of the Red Hills".
“Jon and his team at Jon Kohler and Associates are truly the most knowledgeable land brokers in the Southeast. Jon Kohler and Associates have a proven track record of providing their clients with the most experience, professionalism and marketing. It is truly a pleasure work closely with such a great land company! “ Dax Hayden, National Director Land Leader, LLC.
- Listing StatusAvailableArguably the Finest Recreational Mountain Property in the Southeast! Breathtaking Views of the Pine Mountain Range, the Highest Most Southerly Mountain Range In the Eastern United States The Peaks on this Property are Among the Highest in the Pine Mountain Range Ponds, Springs, Rolling Pastures, — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Most Prolific Stands of Native Long-Leaf Pine and Wiregrass surrounding arguably the Largest Custom Log Home in the South Almost 25,000 sq.ft. Including Porches and 22- Car Garage 3.5 Miles on Both Sides of White Sand Juniper Creek and Several Ponds Located — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Most Prolific Stands of Native Long-Leaf Pine and Wiregrass surrounding arguably the Largest Custom Log Home in the South Almost 25,000 sq.ft. Including Porches and 22- Car Garage 3.5 Miles on White Sand Juniper Creek and Several Ponds Located just Minutes to — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableWarrior Hill is a 2,299+/- acre high quality recreational and timber property in Madison County, Florida. It is located in the Red Hills Plantation belt just 40 minutes to both Tallahassee, Florida and Thomasville, Georgia, and conveniently located to Interstate 10 as well. The property — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableFlint Plantation is a 2,116 +/- acre recreational property located in Crawford County, Georgia. It is a great recreational property with a cattle component. It has exceptional deer and turkey and some wild quail. Approximately 700 +/- acres of the property is fenced for cattle — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Last Great Examples Showcasing the Natural Beauty of Florida's Coastal Plain! T&T Ranch is a beautiful 471 +/- acre high fenced property, with a very nice enclosed barn with a section converted to a "Barndominium" living space. There are a ton of — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable440+/- acre recreational and timber property located in Madison County, Florida. The property has approximately 64+/- acres of pasture, multiple wood duck holes, established food plots, beautiful live oaks, and great hardwood bottoms which crates great habitat for deer and turkey. There is income through — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableFlint Plantation West is 460.97 +/- acres high quality riverfront recreational property in Central Georgia. It has rolling ridges, great pine timber, under-story throughout the property, and beautiful hardwood bottoms. The property has great deer and turkey and strategically placed food plots throughout. The western — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailable"Old Florida Feel" Recreational Property with Unparalleled Hunting Exceptional Example of North Florida Gulf Coast Hunting Hammocks Cabbage Hammocks is a 542.81 +/- acres recreational property, exceptional example of North Florida Gulf Coast hunting hammocks located in Dixie County, Florida. This property has an “old — Read more