Caleb is a fifth-generation farmer and rancher from Joseph, OR where he’s still involved with the family operation today. He grew up raising cattle on the Zumwalt Prairie along with wheat, barley, timothy, orchard grass and alfalfa hay crops in the Wallowa Valley. The area is excellent for deer and elk hunting which are among Caleb’s favorite hobbies.
Caleb attended the University of Idaho where he obtained his bachelors of science degree in Rangeland Ecology and Management with a minor in Animal Science Production. During college he worked at the school dairy, forest products lab and even as a rangeland botanist for the University of Idaho Sage Grouse Field Crew. At the University of Idaho, he met his wife Katie and they now have two daughters.
After college, the entrepreneur in Caleb came to life and he started looking for business opportunities that would allow him and his family to stay in Wallowa County. He started a consulting and management business, Howard Resource Management, which assisted landowners to find ways to help them add revenue streams from their properties. He negotiated grazing and farming leases with tenants, hunting leases, researched potential revenue from water conservation, hydropower, and carbon credit programs. He’s also designed and managed restoration projects. He’s often described as a “true jack of all trades”.
Caleb believes that being a good real estate broker means being honest, patient, knowledgeable and a good problem solver. With his diverse background in agriculture, wildlife, and land management, his skills make him an excellent asset to have on your team.
- Listing StatusSold--Video Coming Soon-- The Lone Valley Ranch is rare opportunity to purchase your own private valley outside the desirable community of Joseph, OR. This is a complete and efficient cattle ranch with the farmland and summer range all connected. The views of the Wallowa Mountains — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldWelcome to the Grouse Creek Ranch located in beautiful Northeastern Oregon. This is a ranch capable of sustaining you and your family while you live the ranching lifestyle you love! The ranch offers beautiful productive farmland for a forage base, miles of private world class — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Hart's River Ranch is a rare opportunity to own one of the area’s largest remaining irrigated ranches located just minutes from the Oregon Coast. The ranch is a total of 547.47-acres with over 500 acres of productive farm ground. The ranch boasts highly productive — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableBeautiful 1,880+/- acre timbered property for sale outside of Wallowa, OR. This ranch is used for grazing and timber production. The ranch currently runs about 75 cow/calf pairs for about six to seven months of the year. Grazing revenue brings in $5,500 annually. The timber — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldPrime farm ground with river frontage located North of Touchet, WA just minutes from Highway 12. This is a rare opportunity as it is the only known sizeable piece of irrigated farmland for sale in Walla Walla County. To make this property even better, it's — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldPrice reduced from $2,300,000! The Chesnimnus Creek Ranch is a spectacular 2,770 +- acre ranch located on the North end of the Zumwalt Prairie. The ranch is very diverse with timbered slopes, rolling hills of bunchgrass prairie, grassy creek bottoms, and canyon slopes. You can — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldThe Clear Lake Ridge property is a true gem offering nearly 3,500 acres of pure beauty. The ranch offers fantastic privacy along with rolling grassy hills, deep canyons, timbered draws, world class hunting, and even shallow-water lakes. All of this is located within a very — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldOwn of the finest properties in the Blue Mountains where you self-isolate for fun! Here you will find 293+- acres of everything in one. There are North facing slopes loaded with merchantable timber, rolling grassy hills, a year-round stream, great access from the Choralais Road — Read more
- Listing StatusSoldWelcome to paradise! Here we have 161+- acres of one of the nicest properties in the Blue Mountains. This is a beautiful property with great access from the Charolais Rd (NF-46 Rd) and the year-round stream of Elk Creek. Surrounded by tens of thousands of — Read more