Tim James is a native of the Alabama Black Belt Region and grew up in Greenville, Alabama. In his youth, Tim spent significant time at the James’ Family Plantation located just 20 minutes from his childhood home. This haven is where Tim spent most of his youth, which instilled in him a great appreciation for the value of land and the importance of its conservation. Tim is from a long line of outdoorsmen and learned a great deal from his father and grandfather. He saw firsthand what it meant to be a good land steward. He believes land is so much more than a place to hunt, fish, and grow timber or crops. It is an identity, a resting place, a safe haven and way of life.
Tim’s family ties to the Alabama Black Belt Region run deep. His grandfather was Fob James Jr., a popular two-‐term Alabama governor and his father was also a gubernatorial candidate in 2010. During his grandfather’s first term, Governor James was responsible for signing into law Alabama’s first state duck stamp which helped to ensure funding for the procurement, development and preservation of wetlands for migratory waterfowl habitat. He also established Alabama’s lifetime hunting license, so it is no surprise that Tim is an avid hunter.
Tim earned his BS Degree from the University of Mississippi in Managerial Finance. In 2011, he held a Series 7 and Series 66 license working in the investment advisory industry. It was there, while working in the financial pubic markets that he learned how important it is to maintain a high level of care when handling investors and their investments. Those experiences have well prepared him to handle the specialty niche of selling high quality land to high net worth individuals.
Tim now resides in Mobile, Alabama with his wife Ann Turner James and newborn son Tim James III. For the past five years, he has worked with a regional air conditioning and power generator business specializing in residential service and replacements.
Tim grew up knowing and loving the land and people of Alabama. This area rivals that of land located anywhere in the country. He feels his background and knowledge of high quality land well equips him to represent this market in the state of Alabama. He considers it a dream to be able to leverage that passion and join Jon Kohler and Associates to represent the Black Belt Region.
- Listing StatusAvailableOne of the Top Three Sporting Plantations in the State of Alabama! Offered Turn-Key with all Furniture, Equipment, Implements, Horses, etc. Every Acre is Highly Improved and Manicured from the Exceptional Quail Woods, Beautiful Lakes, Pristine Landscaping, Luxuriant Amenities; Everything is Exceptional! Bishop Hill Plantation — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableFort Deposit Farms is the ultimate in luxury recreation and offers the very best in class for hunting, fishing, amenities, and location. Located in Alabama’s famed blackbelt region of Lowndes County, this area is widely regarded as the Epicenter in Alabama for exceptional hunting. It’s — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Cahaba River at Overton consist of a beautiful 80 acres of rolling mature timberland with over 3,000’ on the scenic Cahaba River and located just minutes from Birmingham, Alabama’s most popular attractions. Accessed off of Overton Road via I-459’s Liberty Park exit, this location — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableClansy Creek Farm is an 858 acre A+ recreational property but with additional benefits of wealth preservation, a financial hedge, and a safe retreat to one of the most wholesome places in the Southeastern United States! Off-the-grid solar powered lodging, abundance of water, end of — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailableThe Buena Vista Hunting & Timber Property is 452 acres located in North Monroe County in an area highly desirable for hunting, timber, and recreational pursuits. Significant hard cost have already been absorbed by the previous owners with a good all weather road system and — Read more
- Listing StatusAvailablePine Top is a unique 28 +/- acres located just outside the city limits of a picturesque southern town, Greenville, Alabama. Located just two miles from Greenville and Interstate 65, but just far enough to have the privacy and recreational opportunities everyone dreams of. A — Read more